Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Korean Drama Queen In Hyun's Man Review


The only reason I watched this show, was the high ratings and the good reviews it got back in 2012. As I started watching it, the first two, three episodes weren't that great, or maybe as I had read the recaps I wasn't that intrigued. It had pace though, it was fast in a strange way, something kept happening. So I guess it was well written. Then, as the mystery deepened my interest deepened too, yet there were characters that I was supposed to sympathise and I couldn't, especially the character of Yun Wol.

The lead female character has a problem of calling herself a fool all the time, and whereas there is a scene where the hero tells her that "you are not a fool, you just lack knowledge", which is kind of true for her character, but for once I would like Koreans to show a happy woman who isn't always insinuating that she is a fool. But I do like it that they show that male lead is the one to realise her potential hence making him someone who values her, maybe even more than she values herself.
Even though the story required it, and it was justified, the later half of the show was filled with too many scenes of the female lead crying her eyes out. I think I had more problem with this, because Yoon In Na cries so hauntingly, that it makes one feel scared and distressed, her acting has to be appreciated.
The 2012 drama "Queen In Hyun's Man" is a story of an actress who plays Queen In Hyun in her debut role, who meets a man from the past, from the court of King Suk Jong, and who is a loyalist of the actual Queen In Hyun. The man from the past and the woman from the future from the future fall in love and have to fight enemies, nature, magic and time itself to stay together.
The drama stars Yoon In Na (Secret Garden, The Greatest Love) and Ji Hyun Woo (Invincible Lee Pyung Kang, My Precious Child) in the lead roles, supported by Kim Jin Woo (Twelve Men In a Year, Can't Lose), Ga Deuk Hee (Can't Lose, Nine), Jin Ye Sol (49 Days).

No comments:

Post a Comment