Monday, September 9, 2013

Better Late Than Never

I have been writing about Korean dramas quite frequently and I can assure myself and the world that I will be back obsessing over them. Its just that recently after about 3 months of ignoring Revenge, I finally caught up with it in one night. I had left the 2nd season after the 12th episode. And now, I went all the way to the end.
By the end of season one, I was pretty tired of the soap like intrigue served up in Revenge, till then two characters had me hooked, that of Victoria and Nolan, both amazing actors and both amazing characters. Then the season finale changed the game, I wanted more. I could not wait for the 2nd season to start and I was excited for once.
The truth is, I was never really bored in the second season, but I have a limit of watching intrigue and I hit that limit by episode 12. By the time episode 13 came, after the hiatus, I had too much to watch to care about a show that I only watched for two characters. But last night, I finally caught up. And woo...WOW. It was better than I had expected, the drama, the intrigue, the characterisation and the twists. Season two, 2nd half has been a pleasure to watch and once again I find myself waiting for the third season to come. It was good enough that I spent a whole night completing it and I knew that no matter what I could not sleep till I had seen the season finale.
One thing that is good about me catching up late is that season three starts at the end of this month, so my wait won't be too long. Till then I will start New Girl and complete Arrow. While also going back to Korean dramas and starting off a new year in uni. My life is interesting, even though some people will never understand the pleasure of the escape provided my any form of GOOD fiction, be it a movie, tv series or a book. It can be a doorway to a new world within our very own world.

No comments:

Post a Comment